In The Conjuring Universe Films, the scary doll named ‘Annabelle’ is a key point in some of the movies. While those movies have actors and the doll used in the movies isn’t actually haunted, the real Annabelle Doll is far more terrifying. Here are some spine-chilling facts about the real Annabelle Doll.
- The real Annabelle Doll is kept in a wooden box at notorious “paranormal celebrities” Ed and Lorraine Warren’s Occult Museum in Monroe, Connecticut.
- On the wooden box, there is a warning message to keep distance from the doll and her box.
- It is said that Annabelle has led multiple people to get into car crashes after they disrespected her. One accident resulted in the death of a man that said disrespectful things to Annabelle while visiting the museum she resides in.
- A priest regularly comes to the museum to bless the room that Annabelle is in.
- Not even Lorraine Warren would stare at the doll because she felt that Annabelle did harm to the ones who interacted with it.
- The Warrens’ daughter, Judy wasn’t allowed to look at the doll, especially in the eyes.
- The Warrens’ son-in-law has said that Annabelle is what he is most frightened of in the museum, despite knowing the museum is filled with hundreds of other haunted objects.
- Annabelle was first given as a gift to a college student from her mother in the 1970s, but soon after receiving the doll, she and her friends noticed strange behavior from the doll. The behavior got worse, and it is said that at one point, Annabelle attacked one of the people staying at the college student’s home while they were sleeping.
- A tarot devil card is stuck to the front of Annabelle’s wooden case.
- Annabelle is a Raggedy Ann Doll, but her name comes from the said ghost who is within her which is named Annabelle Higgins.
Embrace this spooky knowledge this Halloween.