On Tuesday, February 25, 2020, Timber Creek High School will administer the American College Testing (ACT with Writing) to students who previously registered to take the test.
Please refer to the following information for test day details:
- Students will not be allowed in their testing room without their TCHS School ID.
- Students will be notified of their testing room by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Breakfast will be provided in the Cafeteria for all students who are testing.
- Students will need to be in their testing room by 8:30 a.m.
- Each student is expected to bring a sack lunch, a No. 2 pencil, and an approved calculator. TCHS will not provide calculators to examinees (Calculator Policy – click here).
- Food and drinks are allowed into the testing room but may only be consumed outside of the testing room during breaks.
- All students taking the test will be eating lunch in the testing room between the multiple-choice questions and essay. Lunch time is at approximately 12:40 p.m.
The ACT with Writing is administered in 5 timed sections. The test consists of: Test 1-45 minute English section, Test 2-60 minute Mathematics section (15 minute break), Test 3-35 minute Reading section, Test 4-35 minute Science section. For the ACT with Writing, the writing test is always administered last. The writing test will be 40 minutes. Students will return to class at the conclusion of the test during 4th period.
At Timber Creek High School, we take a great deal of pride in our students and their academic and character development. We know the results derived from the ACT will provide value. It offers a college admissions test and college course placement information. It also contains a career planning component. For additional information and assistance, please visit the ACT website at https://www.act.org/.
Editor’s Note: This information was previously released to students taking the test via e-mail and in person during pre-test administration. It has been duplicated on Talon for convenience. Good luck!