The speech and debate team has dramatically increased their focus on fundraising, as they are attending more high level competitions this competition season. In order to compete at tournaments, they must have additional funds, so the team will be hosting five spirit nights in the near future.
- Monday, Oct. 7 at Dickeys BBQ on Keller Parkway from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 at Newks in Presidio from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 at Jason’s Deli in Alliance from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 at Chipotle in Alliance from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11 at Qdoba in Presidio from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
At each of these spirit nights, patrons must mention Timber Creek Speech and Debate while ordering so that a portion of the proceeds will go toward the team.
All funds raised will go towards helping make their 2019-2020 debate year the best it can be. Whether it be a quick bite to go or a nice dinner with family or friends, each and every purchase will aid the team in accomplishing their goals, as well as open the door to new friendships.
“It’s a great opportunity to meet debate kids,” member Julia Elliott said. “You may not see them in the halls so it’s a great social opportunity.”