Softball has made Timber Creek history this year, going deeper in the post-season playoffs than ever before.
The varsity softball team beat Flower Mound with 10-2 during the first round of the 5-6A Playoffs and LD Bell during the second round. LD Bell went two games with the TCHS softball players. The first game scored 6-4 and the second was 5-1.
This round is the third out of the six rounds, after the Falcons just won the area. Before this year, the softball team has lost out on round one every time. There will be three games in the series against Mansfield. The dates are: Thursday beginning at 7:30 p.m. at home, Friday beginning at 7:30 p.m. at Mansfield and Saturday (if needed) beginning at 2 p.m. at Coppell. UPDATED: An earlier version of this story had a 3p start time for Game 3.
“I think we are definitely going to have to play our best game possible because our past two games, we haven’t played as well as we know but we’ve still got three rounds deep. We just have to bring it.” Senior Avery Grimes, the short stop for the softball team, said.
Since there are three games in the series, Timber has to win two of them. If they lose two, this is the end for the TCHS softball team’s season.
The softball team has been working very hard to get to this point and the support they have received has been great.
“We have cookouts with our parents or team dinners and then walking to the locker room our parents have done something really special for every playoff game we’ve had,” Grimes said.
Be sure to come out and support the varsity softball team this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Varsity softball players that spoke to Talon Broadcast Journalists early in the season noted that playoffs were always the goal for the team this year. Watch clips of those interviews that were played during Timber Creek Live softball games this season:
See full replays of previously broadcasted varsity softball games in the following links:
- WATCH: Softball Senior Night vs. Central
- WATCH: Softball Takes on Northwest April 15
- WATCH: Varsity Softball Takes on Denton Ryan
- WATCH: Softball Takes on Guyer March 24
Other previous coverage of this year’s softball season:
- Softball Takes on LD Bell in Next Round of Playoffs
- Softball Takes on Flower Mound to Start Playoffs April 28
- Softball Coach Honored in HEB Hall of Fame
- Students to Stream Baseball and Softball Games
- Timber Creek, KISD Schools in District 3-6A After UIL Realignment
- TCHS Softball, Baseball Athletes Sign With College Teams
- Meet Your Timber Creek Miracle Workers