Before you start tweeting about pull-ups on a sprinkler pipe, here’s what you need to know.
Late third period, a smoke detector in TCHS picked up interference and went off. There wasn’t any fire, chemical spills or danger to students.
In a message to teachers, administrators explained the situation that caused the alarm.
“A smoke sensor went off in the South hall, 1st floor by the elevator. The fire department responded and investigated. The fire department gave the ‘all clear.’ Other possibilities are currently being investigated.”
“The building was cleared in almost record time,” said Assistant Principal James Johnson. “The teachers did a good job, the students did a good job.”
Timber Creek students returned to third period to get their belongings and then dismissed to fourth period when the threat level was assessed to be non-existent.