Organizers say Timber Creek’s first Seniors Serve dinner raised over $4,000 for the Class of 2016’s Project Graduation event.
About 50 Seniors and more than 230 guests participated in the Feb. 1, 2016 dinner.
The dinner was designed to raise funds for the Project Graduation event. Food was provided by Mi Cocina and Olive Garden. Senior parent volunteers solicited donations from area businesses and/or purchased them.
The event included senior teams that selected a theme, decorated their table, dressed according to theme and entered a cake. Each team sold tickets and served their guests. They participated in a contest for their cakes based on creativity, presentation and how it connected to their theme. The guests selected the winners, for what organizers called the “People’s Choice awards.” The guests also selected their favorite theme.
The cake winners were:
1. A League of Their Own – Matti Davis, Kylie Foster, Avery Grimes, Katlin Kneblik
2. Mardi Gras Madness – Connor Allen, Mitch Blunt
3. Mischief Managed (Harry Potter) – Ian Capps, Nick O’Brien, Veronica Vela
4. Guys and Dolls/Westside Story (Broadway) – Bailey Cooper, Katie Hicks, Jake Slaughter
5. Grease is the Word – Kaylee Druce-Hoffman, Carly Dolliger, Kyle Heiss, Max Patton
The top three cakes were auctioned off to raise funds for the Project Graduation event.