It’s the last week of October, and by the time the new month rolls around, we want Timber Creek Seniors to know these 11 things:
- Balfour representatives will be on campus during lunches on Oct. 26-27 for class ring orders, senior announcements, senior caps and gowns and more.
- Senior class will raise funds for prom by selling Butter Braids. Sales run from Oct. 21 to Nov. 6, 2015. Students will be able to pick up the product on Nov. 17 — and only on that date! Samples were made available during the Senior Assembly on Oct. 21. Check should be made payable to TCHS Senior Class.
- Seniors can use the Butter Braid fundraiser to get FREE TICKETS TO PROM. Individuals need to sell 25 items for a free prom ticket, selling 50 will get tickets for you and a date. No tickets may be given to other students — only those who’ve achieved their goals (and their date) can receive those tickets.
- The Senior Recognition Night game is Thursday, October 29. All seniors who had an active part in the football program (i.e. football, trainers, band, dance, cheer, mockingbirds, video) will be recognized prior to the game. There will be a Purple Out pep rally earlier that day. More details here.
- Need a transcript? All transcript requests need to be submitted at the official Keller ISD site: https://kellertx.scriborder.com/
- TCHS Counseling wants to help you with the college push — they’re hosting College Cafe each Tuesday during lunch, will have the KISD/AVID College Fair on Nov. 2, and they have a location to help you with scholarships online (Click here to visit the site). Take advantage of this!
- Quick reminder: Colleges can revoke acceptance letters. Don’t do something to jeopardize your admission.
- Think you might need to make up Seat Time? Check your Transcript page on HAC. Any course that has an asterisk next to it owes seat time. If you do owe seat time, see attendance and get the green form. Start earning Seat Time as early as possible, if needed — waiting to Spring is risky.
- Project Graduation is an all-night “lock-in” held at a local entertainment center like Main Event. It will take place on May 28, 2016 (graduation day) and will be held from around 11:30 pm until 6:00 am the following morning. It’s really an all-night party with bowling, laser tag, video games, billiards, karaoke — and a lot of great prizes. Organizers mentioned “laptops, tablets, printers, TV’s, microwaves, gift cards” as some of the items during the Senior Assembly.
- To make Project Graduation happen, though, the group needs your support. The group will offer Chick-Fil-A breakfast biscuits every Friday from 7:45 – 9:15 a.m. starting Oct. 30. They’re also planning spirit/dining nights, a Senior Serve & Silent Auction in early December — which would earn extra tickets for prize drawing, and Flying Flamingos fundraisers (sign up to help flock yards). The organizers are communicating on social media, too: Twitter @TCHSprojgrad and Facebook: TCHS Project Graduation 2016
- Finally, though we Tweeted it right after voting ended, here’s the Prom theme for 2016
Over a third of the class picked this theme after voting during the Senior Assembly on Oct. 21, 2015. Prom is set for May 21, 2016 at the Fort Worth Convention Center in downtown Fort Worth. Please remember attending Prom is a privilege, not guaranteed — make sure you’re not jeopardizing your Senior experience by making bad choices…
That’s a lot to take in before November — and the list is likely to continue to grow! Hang in there, Seniors, your final year is here!