Timber Creek Mother Provides 4o Mums, Garters for Students
A Timber Creek mother is spreading homecoming traditions by putting together 40 mums and garters for some special TCHS students.
DeLana Barsanti has three sons at Timber Creek and a fifth grader at Trinity Meadows Intermediate in the Falcon feeder pattern. Barsanti is making mums and garters not only for her sons but also for the special education students here at Timber Creek.
Read more on this story by clicking here.
Senior Encourages Students to #ShrinkYourMums to Support First Responders
While the mum tradition is a large part of our state, so is respecting the first responders that have given their lives in service for us.
Timber Creek Senior Class President Addie Whitaker is helping start the first #ShrinkYourMums campaign to donate money to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation during this Homecoming Week.
“The Mission of NFFF is to honor and remember America’s fallen fire heroes, to provide resources to assist their survivors in rebuilding their lives, and work within the Fire Service Community to reduce firefighter deaths and injuries,” Whitaker explained in an e-mail.
Instead of going all out and spending significant money to create or purchase a mum, Whitaker is suggesting students donate $5 or more to the organization during lunches in exchange for a button that shows that student’s support.
Read more about this story by clicking here.
Homecoming Dance Reminders:
- The Homecoming Dance will be in the Timber Creek Cafeteria from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. on Saturday, September 12.
- There will not be a place for you to leave your purse or bag, so please do not bring these into the dance unless necessary. Security wands will be used, and bags will be checked at the door.
- Please be prepared to show identification as you enter the dance. If you have already bought your ticket, you must bring it! If you are a freshman and do not have any identification, please make sure you know your ID number.
- If you are bringing a guest to the dance that does not attend Timber Creek, please make sure you bring your completed form (with a Principal’s signature) to the dance. You are also able to present this form during lunch to purchase a ticket before the dance. If this form is not completed properly and your guest did not bring identification with them, your guest will not be allowed to enter the dance.
- Please remember that if you choose to leave the dance at any time, you will not be allowed to re-enter.
- Inappropriate behavior by you or your guest that is not acceptable by Timber Creek standards may result in dismissal from the dance without a refund.
Nortex College Fair Monday Sept. 14
Yearbook Pictures Days Set for Sept. 15 and 16
Yearbook Picture Days for grades 9-11 are Tuesday and Wednesday, Sept 15 and 16. Photos will be scheduled during your student’s English class. Parents may preorder at http://www.Glamourcraft.com. Order forms are also being distributed through English classes.
LAST CHANCE FOR SENIOR PICTURES – The only formal portraits allowed in the senior yearbook pages are the traditional tuxedo and drape photos from Glamourcraft. Yearbook photos are taken free of charge for all students. Photo purchases are optional. If your senior has not yet had their Glamourcraft pictures taken, they must call to make an appointment immediately Datursday, October 3 will be the last day that Glamourcraft will be set up at TCHS for senior pictures. Call 817-292-8989 to set up your senior photo time.
Senior Yearbook ads are due Oct 17. Go to http://www.yearbookforever.com and select your size, upload your photos and text, and we will design a beautiful ad for you. Be sure that you own the copyright to all photos and text. No collaged images or premade ads will be permitted. Ads range from $85 to $300.
Yearbooks are on sale now at http://www.yearbookforever.com. The current price is $65 but the price will be $80 after Oct 17. Don’t hesitate. Order today.
PSAT Testing Scheduled for Oct. 14
On Wednesday, October 14th Timber Creek will be administering the PSAT/NMSQT to all 10th and 11th graders and would also like to extend this opportunity to our 9th graders. There is no registration required for 10th/11th graders, but if your a 9th grader wanting to take the PSAT/NMSQT, you must register and pay the required $15 fee. Registration is now open and closes on September 23rd at 4:00pm. Payments may be made by cash/check at the TCHS front office, checks made payable to TCHS or you may pay online at https://intouch.kellerisd.net.
Updated Attendance Policies Announced
Along with the whole new block schedule is a change in the attendance policy.
- Recognized (excused absences): These include documented medical appointments/court appearances, school-related activities, nationally recognized religious holidays, and documented college visits that are limited to two days per school year for juniors and seniors only.
- Non-recognized: These are absences that are caused by any other reasons that aren’t listed above.
When a student is absent, parents should call or email the attendance office:
Student last name beginning with A-L:
Student last name beginning with M-Z:
Documented recognized absences must be turned in to the attendance office or faxed to 817-744-2337 within five business days.
For early dismissals, parents are suggested to call in advance. Dismissals after 3:15, however, must definitely be arranged in advance.
Because the school is not an open campus for lunch, students cannot be dismissed during their lunch period unless a parent is present. Those who leave the campus without approval and/or a pass from the attendance office will be given a non-recognized absence and may be subjected to disciplinary action.
- Attendance details are available on Home Access Center.
- You may have to leave the office a message if ever their phone is busy. Please mention the student’s name, reason for calling, dismissal time (if needed), and a callback name or number.
- The school calendar contains state-testing dates. Plan appointments accordingly for there will be no dismissals on these dates.
- Verification of Enrollment (VOE) forms can be requested in the attendance office and require 24 hours to prepare.
Timber Creek Open House Set for Sept. 28
Timber Creek High School will host its annual open house on Monday, Sept. 28, 2015 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Clubs and Organizations
Anyone interested in becoming a French Club Officer should stop by S109 to pick up the election eligibility guidelines. Officer applications are due by the start of school on Monday, September 14. We will be voting for officers on Thursday, Sept 17. Your dues must be paid if you want to run for office or vote!
French Club T-shirts are on sale from now until September 18. The shirts are $13, and can be purchased in S109. Exact change is appreciated!
National Art Honor Society
The first National Art Honor Society meetings for the 2015-16 school year will be held on both Sept. 11 and 18 at 4 p.m. in F109. The following NAHS meetings will be held on the second Thursday of every month. Students must at least be in a level 2 art class or higher or have taken two full years of art to join the club.
The first Spanish Club meeting will be held Sept. 16 right after school in room S114. Students don’t have to be taking Spanish to join, but members should make sure to bring $5 in dues. The meeting will be around 15-20 minutes and food will be provided for those who attend. The Spanish Club aims to enjoy the culture of Spanish speaking countries.
9/12 – Homecoming dance 7:00 pm – cafeteria
9/14 – Choir parent orientation meeting – 6:30 pm – cafeteria
9/14 – Theater Booster meeting – 6:30 pm – FA118
9/15 – Sky Dancer Booster Meeting – 7:00 pm – Lecture Hall
9/15 – Cheer Booster Meeting – 6:30 pm – cafeteria
9/17 – HOSA – 3:50 pm – Lecture Hall
9/23 – Junior Ring Assembly – 2nd period – Fine Arts Center (Balfour here with ring packets)
9/28 – Open House – 7:00 pm
9/29 – Balfour here during all lunches collecting ring orders