Everything You Need to Know About Homecoming
Monday, Sept. 7 is a school holiday, so Homecoming Week begins Sept. 8. The theme for homecoming week is “Soar with Pride and Patriotism.” Check the list below to see what’s happening on each day:
- Sept. 8 is Tacky Tourist Tuesday. Dress up like you are going on vacation. Don’t forget to be tacky.
- Sept. 9 is Wrinkled Wednesday. Dress up as your favorite senior citizen during the school day.
- Sept. 9 also is when the Timber Creek Homecoming Parade will run down Timberland Blvd., starting at 5 p.m. More information below.
- Sept. 10 is Dynamic Duo Thursday. You and a friend can dress up like a famous pair such as Batman and Robin.
- Sept. 11, the day of the Homecoming Game, is Patriotic Friday. Wear as much red, white, and blue as you can. Show your patriotic spirit!
- Sept. 11 also is when your varsity Timber Creek Falcon Football players will take on Irving at 7 p.m. at the KISD Stadium.
- Sept. 12 is the Homecoming Dance from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the TCHS Cafeteria. More details below.
The 2015 Timber Creek Homecoming Parade will be held Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015 at 5 p.m. Students and organizations will begin lining up at 4:15 p.m. at TCHS. See the map below for the parade route.
Timberland Blvd. will be blocked from just east of the high school and ending at Old Denton Rd., where the parade turns around. Thank you for your patience with this inconvenience while we serve our community through the execution of this parade.
To coincide with the Homecoming theme of “Pride and Patriotism” and the game on Sept.11, Timber Creek Cheer will be selling the official 2015 HOCO shirt at all lunches during the week of Sept. 7.
See a preview of the artwork for the shirts below:
Organizers will be selling shirts during all lunches starting Tuesday, September 8 for $15. Shirts are on sale through Sept. 11 They accept cash or debit/credit cards. There are no pre-sales for these shirts.
The Timber Creek Cheerleaders will present the “Cutloose….Let’s Dance” Homecoming dance on Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015.
The dance is scheduled from 7 to 11 p.m. in the TCHS cafeteria and will feature a DJ from popular KISS-FM DJ Michael Blake’s entertainment company.
Organizers said a large open air photo booth, dessert bar and water stations will all be availabl and complimentary with your ticket price.
Homecoming tickets and t-shirts will be sold starting Tuesday, Sept. 1 during student lunch times. Tickets are $15 each (presale) and HOCO t-shirts will be available for purchase as well. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door for $20 each. Cash, check, credit/debit cards will be accepted. Checks may be made payable to TC Cheer Boosters.
The dress for this event is semi-formal. Girls may wear strapless and one-sleeved dresses, as long as the dress is not too tight or revealing. Guys can wear dressy casual outfits and jackets are not required.
All Timber Creek students are welcome to attend, whether you are with a group of friends or have a date. Please be advised that students wishing to bring a date that is not a TCHS student will need to turn in a completed guest form in order to pre-purchase the extra ticket. Non-TCHS outside dates must be 20 years of age or younger. Security will be provided by Fort Worth Police.
Click here for a copy of the guest form.
Sponsors for the event include Kroger, The Poppin’ Shop, QT, Alta Vista Animal Hospital and Little Blessings Cakes.
Updated Attendance Policies Announced
Along with the whole new block schedule is a change in the attendance policy.
- Recognized (excused absences): These include documented medical appointments/court appearances, school-related activities, nationally recognized religious holidays, and documented college visits that are limited to two days per school year for juniors and seniors only.
- Non-recognized: These are absences that are caused by any other reasons that aren’t listed above.
When a student is absent, parents should call or email the attendance office:
Student last name beginning with A-L:
Student last name beginning with M-Z:
Documented recognized absences must be turned in to the attendance office or faxed to 817-744-2337 within five business days.
For early dismissals, parents are suggested to call in advance. Dismissals after 3:15, however, must definitely be arranged in advance.
Because the school is not an open campus for lunch, students cannot be dismissed during their lunch period unless a parent is present. Those who leave the campus without approval and/or a pass from the attendance office will be given a non-recognized absence and may be subjected to disciplinary action.
- Attendance details are available on Home Access Center.
- You may have to leave the office a message if ever their phone is busy. Please mention the student’s name, reason for calling, dismissal time (if needed), and a callback name or number.
- The school calendar contains state-testing dates. Plan appointments accordingly for there will be no dismissals on these dates.
- Verification of Enrollment (VOE) forms can be requested in the attendance office and require 24 hours to prepare.
School Picture Days Sept. 15 and 16
Yearbook photos for all 9-11 graders and all staff will be on Sept. 15 and 16 in the Library.
Photos for students will be scheduled during their English classes.
Seniors who have not yet done their senior picture should call Glamourcraft at at 817-292-8989 for an appointment. There is no charge for senior yearbook photos. Only Glamourcraft photos can be used for the senior portrait section of the yearbook. The deadline for senior pictures is Oct. 3.
For more info on Yearbook photos, click this link.
Environmental Accents Aim to Aid TCHS Student Success
Timber Creek High School students have seen many colorful improvements as they start the school year.
These improvements include more new and colorful lunch tables in the cafeteria, signs hanging up in each hall, booths, a bar area in the main hallway, and other elements.
Timber Creek Principal Todd Tunnell described the goal of the improvements during an interview with the Talon. Click here to read that interview.
Timber Creek Open House Set for Sept. 28
Timber Creek High School will host its annual open house on Monday, Sept. 28, 2015 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Senior Summit Scheduled for Sept. 10
Timber Creek Seniors are encouraged to attend the Senior Summit on Sept. 10 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the TCHS Fine Arts Center.
College Visits Start on Sept. 14
Various universities will be visiting Timber Creek High School in the next few weeks.
Student Council Info:
Student council meeting Tuesday 9/8/2015 (location to be determined)
Student Council Face Painting (Homecoming game inside the gates from 6-7)
Student Council registration forms due by October 1st (meeting have already begun, so the sooner the better)
Freshmen who did not receive their FISH CAMP shirts and were registered for the event need to see Mr. Day in M226. He has the extra shirts would like to deliver them as soon as possible.
9/9 – Homecoming Parade
9/10 – Senior Summit – 6:30 pm – FAC
9/11 – Homecoming
9/12 – Homecoming dance 7:00 pm – cafeteria
9/14 – Choir parent orientation meeting – 6:30 pm – cafeteria
9/14 – Theater Booster meeting – 6:30 pm – FA118
9/15 – Sky Dancer Booster Meeting – 7:00 pm – Lecture Hall
9/15 – Cheer Booster Meeting – 6:30 pm – cafeteria
9/17 – HOSA – 3:50 pm – Lecture Hall
9/23 – Junior Ring Assembly – 2nd period – Fine Arts Center (Balfour here with ring packets)
9/28 – Open House – 7:00 pm
9/29 – Balfour here during all lunches collecting ring orders
Parents, Teachers, Students Encouraged to Join Timber Creek PTSA
Join the TCHS PTSA by completing the form below and enclosing $10.00 for membership dues. All forms can be returned to the TCHS front office.
Click here for a PTSA Membership Form
Any senior wanting to apply for the PTSA Scholarship must join prior to March 10, 2016 to qualify.
Please contact Diana Parker for questions or more information.
Keller ISD Strings Academy Returns for 2015-2016
We are very proud to announce that the Keller ISD Strings Academy is back for its second year!
Keller ISD will be providing strings instruction for students in grades 2-12 in the following classes:
- Young Violinists – a beginning violin program for students in grades 2-4. Students will be divided by grade, and will be instructed by an amazing staff of passionate teachers!
- Beginning Orchestra – beginning instruction on violin, viola, cello, and bass, for students in grades 5-6. This is a fantastic opportunity for incoming fifth grade students, who just completed their first year of violin study, to learn a new instrument, or continue to develop on the violin.
- Intermediate Orchestra – continued instruction in violin, viola, cello, and bass, for students in grades 5-12 who have had at least one year of instruction, and are prepared for the next level!
- Advanced Orchestra – students in grades 5-12 are selected to this group through an audition. Students should have at least two years of playing experience, and prepared to perform advanced literature.
Strings Academy Registration – September 12 (Come and Go)
Registration will be held on September 12, from 9:00 am-2:00 pm at the Keller ISD Administration Building (350 Keller Pkwy, Keller, TX.) Please enter through the “Teacher Training” side of the building, on College Street. Registration is come and go, and should take about 20 minutes.
ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE KELLER ISD STRINGS ACADEMY MUST REGISTER AT THIS TIME! IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO REGISTER ON SEPT. 12, A MAKE-UP REGISTRATION DAY IS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, SEPT. 14, FROM 4:30-6:30 PM.