The remaining 52 TCHS senior parking painting spots will be available for purchase on July 31, 2015.
Organizers will start processing those in line promptly at 8:00 a.m. Please come through the front doors of the school. These spots will be cash or check only and will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. All checks are to be made out to TCHS senior class.
Only students who have a current driver’s license will be allowed to purchase spaces. Students will also have to show proof of insurance and fill out the parking packet the morning of the 31st.
If more than 52 people are in line on July 31, 2015, Senior class sponsor Brian Day will give numbers out to all those in line and will perform a lottery for the spaces available. If this happens, all places in line will be completely negated and the drawing of numbers will be the final decision for painted spaces.
All necessary information for the actual painting dates and responsibilities can be found below:
SENIOR PARKING PAINTING RULES 2015-16
The following will serve as guidelines for the painting of senior parking spaces during the 2015-2016 school year:
1. Painting will take place on Saturday 8/1 and Sunday 8/2. Make-up days will be Saturday 8/8 and Sunday 8/9.
2. All purchased spaces must be painted prior to October 1st with no exceptions. If not painted, your space will be resold, with no refund, to avoid issues with students parking in unmarked spaces within the senior lot.
3. No painting will be allowed unsupervised by STUCO, senior class sponsors, or parents.
4. Spaces to be painted will be the space number that you choose during parking selection. If you are not sure, ASK.
5. Tailgating atmosphere is welcomed, but any inappropriate items will result in the student(s) being asked to leave and loss of painting privileges with no refunds.
6. STUCO will be cooking out the days of painting for donations. Beverages will be available for purchase.
7. No profane vocabulary will be painted.
8. No offensive or vulgar remarks will be painted.
9. All colors are welcome, but keep in mind fading and durability.
10. The lot will be cleaned by a power wash company. This removes roughly 60-75% of the old paint and leaves a much cleaner surface to start with. This is only done every 4 years and this is the year it is due.
11. Paints are to be purchased by the student.
12. Cleanup will be required the days of painting. Please keep this in mind and allow for enough time to pick up after yourself. FISH CAMP is August 12, 2015 and we will have hundreds of guests on campus that day. Please allow for them to see the senior lot as a completed product, as they will be voting on best spaces this year with free prom tickets as prizes. There is not enough time to clean up properly without the help of you all cleaning up after yourselves.
13. A primer will help create a faster seal before putting color down, according to multiple advisors within the paint industry.
14. Advisors also suggest only purchasing paint meant for concretes as a base coat.
15. As a suggestion, please seek advice from the following retailer. Purchases there are much appreciated. This location has supported and continues to support our school and our community.
Home Depot Store #6548
2013 Highway 377
Keller, Texas 76248
Mon-Sat: 6:00am – 10:00pm, Sun: 8:00am – 8:00pm
16. Cleaner concrete spaces may require more paint than more painted spaces. Please keep this in mind.
17. Please see Mr. Day or email him at email@example.com with any further questions.