With high hopes and smiles on their faces, the company of Wit by Margret Edson will advance in the UIL One-Act Play Competition and compete again at the regional level. The contest will be held on Friday, April 13, at University of Texas at Arlington starting at 2:00 p.m.
Accompanying the cast and crew of Wit at the Area One-Act Play Competition in Midland was none other than Principal Donnie Bartlett and Assistant Principal James Johnson. After the competition, Bartlett tweeted out congratulations to the company for advancing.
“Regionals here we come,” Bartlett typed. “So proud of y’all. You make TCHS proud. So talented!”
Timber Creek isn’t the only Keller ISD school proceeding to the regional level. Central High School’s Golden Boy by Clifford Odets is advancing, as well as Arlington High School’s Peter and the Starcatcher by Rick Elice. Moving on to compete at region categorizes these productions in the top 24 one-act plays in the state of Texas.
Awarded for their excellence in work ethic and performance, company members received medals and recognition. The Timber Creek students that received awards are:
Megan McCormack: Best Actress
Hailey Anders: Honorable Mention All Star Cast
Olivia Smith: Honorable Mention All Star Cast
Raegan White: All Star Technician
Wit is directed by Lance Morse, Blake Wilson, Amanda Brundrett, and Paul Raska. Below is the list of the company of Wit by Margret Edson.
- Stage Manager – Raegan White
- Tech – Sarah Scherger, Jack Gray, McKinlee Shaw, Brandon Hearell
- Vivian Bearing, Ph.D. – Megan McCormack
- Susie Monahan, R.N., B.S.N. – Hailey Anders
- Jason Posner, M.D. – Nathan Hicks
- Harvey Kelekian, M.D. – Aaron Frye
- E.M. Ashford, Ph.D. – Olivia Smith
- Mr. Bearing/Code Head – Jesse Champion
- Stundet 1/Code 3 – Braeden De La Garza
- Code 1 – Kaleigh Smith
- Tech 1/Fellow 2 – Trevor Shoemaker
- Tech 3/Code 2 – Zoey Taslimi
- Fellow 3 – Bailey Collier
- Fellow 1/Code 4 – Rachel Scherer
- Student 2 – Sydnee Jones
- Tech 2 – Maddie Ott
- Fellow 4 – Elizabeth Carlson
- Alternate – Karen Sager, Floriana Azemi, Amanda Lastorino, Elizabeth Heffron