Timber Creek Open House Set for Sept. 28
Timber Creek High School will host its annual open house on Monday, Sept. 28, 2015 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Parents will be able to meet their child’s teachers and hear from several TCHS administrators.
Attendees can travel freely around the school to meet with teachers in their classrooms. Teachers with “floating” classrooms will be stationed in the cafeteria to answer questions and meet with parents.
Parents who will attend without their students are encouraged to download a copy of their student’s schedule from Home Access Center before arriving.
PSAT Scheduled for Oct. 14
Timber Creek High School will be administering the PSAT/NMSQT for all sophomores and juniors on Wednesday, Oct. 14.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 will be a late arrival day for 9th grade students who are not registered to take PSAT and 12th grade students. Late arrival for these students will be at 11:00am. If any student is not able to find transportation for late arrival then they can still ride the bus in the morning like normal.
Lunches for Students
- All students testing are to bring their own lunch. There will be sack lunches available in the morning for any student that is unable to bring their own lunch from home.
The following students report to Large Gym at 11:00am for attendance:
- All 9th grade students who are not registered to take PSAT
- All 10th and 11th grade students that arrived too late to take exam or are not scheduled to take the exam due to extenuating circumstances
The following students report to Small Gym at 11:00am for attendance:
- All 12th grade students
Updated Truancy Policies Detailed
The 84th Texas Legislature recently passed House Bill 2398, which substantially altered existing truancy laws in Texas.
Please find information from Keller ISD on enforcement of these new truancy laws in the following letters:
Yearbook Senior Ads Due Oct. 17
On sale now. Photos and text due Oct 17 to www.yearbookforever.com
Sky Dancers Host Shopping Fundraiser Sept. 25, 26
The Timber Creek Sky Dancers will be teaming up for a shopping fundraiser with Out On a Limb Boutique in Keller on Friday Sept. 25 and Saturday, Sept. 26.
Ten-percent of the proceeds from shopping during the event will be donated to the Sky Dancers as they save for their trip to Hawaii during Spring Break.
The boutique is located at 201 Town Center Ln. Suite 115 Keller, 76248. The shopping event will run from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Project Graduation Offers Senior Book Fundraiser
The Project Graduation Committee plans to produce a Senior Book to be released on Senior Night, Oct. 29.
Project Graduation is an all-night celebration of graduation. It is a fun, safe way for all the seniors to get together and have a good time on the night of graduation and it is the last time all seniors will have the opportunity to be together.
The goal of the Senior Book fundraiser is to promote senior specific events like Project Graduation, Prom, Graduation, Fall Senior Athletes, Senior Organization and Club members, and more. Senior parents can create fun memory ads for their senior that would be included in this one time publication. The proceeds will go to Project Graduation.
Ads purchased for this Senior Book are only included within the Project Graduation publication. For information on Senior Ads for The Creek Yearbook, please click here.
Ads for the Senior Book (may include picture(s) and text)
- Full Page: 8.0″w x 10.5″h, $110, up to 5 pictures
- Half Page: 7.0″w x 4.5″h, $65, up to 3 pictures
- Quarter Page: 3.375″w x 4.5″h, $35, 1 picture
- Please supply files in .jpg or tiff formats
- Please name files with your Senior’s name (e.g. ‘JennySmith.jpg’, ‘TomSmith.tiff’)
- Image resolution: 300 dpi
- Ads can be accepted on a CD
- E-mail files can be accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This first time project is designed to serve as a fun way to honor our seniors but also as an educational and promotional tool for Project Graduation.
The group has a quick deadline so they need your commitment on or before Sept. 30 (complete attached form and check). Organizers will accept ad information on or before Oct. 2. Please complete your form and make checks payable to Timber Creek Project Graduation. Deliver forms and checks to Timber Creek in an envelope labeled Project Graduation Senior Ad. (Should questions arise, please feel free to contact Heather Vela at 817-845-4291)
The group is also looking for vendors to advertise and are offering clubs and organizations a reduced rate to feature their seniors members group ads.
Pink Out Shirts Available Starting Sept. 28
Timber Creek, let’s pink out the stands!
TCHS will be having the second annual “Pink Out” game with Fossil Ridge on Oct. 1, 2015.
TCHS Cheer will be selling “Pink Out” T-shirts to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
Shirts will be sold at all lunches starting Sept. 28 and during Open House on Monday. The T-shirt will cost $12 while supplies last.
Find More News on Talon
Find the latest coverage of Timber Creek news and information on TimberCreekTalon.com. See more content below:
- #ShrinkYourMums Raises Hundreds for First Responders
- Tennis Trains Hard for Strong Season Start
- Cross Country Finishes in First at KHS Invitational
- Great Start for JV Golf Season
- Swim Season Starts With a Splash
- A Sky Dancer’s Life on Game Day: Homecoming Edition
- Join the All-New Law and Mock Trial Club
- Speech and Debate Members Make Finals at Lovejoy Tournament
- Keller ISD Marching Expo Scheduled for Sept. 29
- TCTV Audio/Video Teacher Wins District Award